Planning a Honeymoon or Mini-Moon in the Cairngorms National Park? Youll be spoilt for choice when it comes to seeking romantic hideaways! Throw in breathtaking mountain views and delicious local food and you’re in for a treat.
Here we share some of the most special places to stay and wine & dine on your honeymoon…
1.Muckrach Country House Hotel – A beautiful luxury hotel near Dulnain Bridge with 13 individually designed bedrooms, gorgeous furnishings and fabulous bathrooms. Surrounded by farmland, a Scottish castle and two friendly highland cows who are happy to pose for a photo! Their restaurant serves delicious locally sourced food and the bar has over 100 whiskies and 30 gins to choose from. If you’re lucky you may even be treated to a Scottish Piper, who often pipes guests to dinner!
2. The Lazy Duck – A truly unique experience awaits you at the Lazy Duck in Nethy Bridge. These off-grid style cabins are nestled in the beautiful Abernethy woods and benefit from a wood-fired hot tub and sauna! Perfect for those seeking pure escapism on their Honeymoon.
View this post on Instagram
Breakfast for two on Valentine’s Day ❤️ . Tag the special person in your world who you’d love to share this view with . 📸 @thecuriositycollection_ @oliverandus_van | 🏡 #thewoodmanshut . #lazyduck #thelazyduck #visitcairngorms #cabin #cabinfolk #cabinfever #cabinporn #breakfasttime #breakfastlover #breakfast #happyvalentinesday
3. The Fife Arms (Opening Later This Year) – The Fife Arms in Braemar is currently being restored and returned to its former splendour as a first-class hotel. Combining the traditions of the past with the best modern practices, the hotel will boast exceptional and unique accommodation with a restaurant serving local seasonal produce as well as a cocktail bar and a spa, all set around a pretty courtyard planted with a heather roof.
4. The Old Bridge Inn – On the banks of the river Spey this traditional cosy pub offers roaring fires, regular live music, delicious local food and a thoughtfully stocked bar. The perfect spot for a romantic candlelit dinner for two. Booking is advised as they are often very busy.
5. Ardverikie Gate Lodge – Fairytale dreams come true with this idyllic Gatelodge! Sat by the main entrance to Ardverikie on the banks of the River Pattack the property is split over three levels which are accessed by a spiral staircase. Features include an open fireplace, beautiful views and its own mini turret!
View this post on Instagram
ardverikie gate house last year on the open garden day #ardverikie#ardverikieestate#ardverikiehouse#highlands#scottishhighlands#scotland#visitscotland#opengarden#garden#lochlaggan#travel#voyage#reisen#tourism#tourismus#discover#explore#adventure#enjoy#photography#dinyalpha6000#gatehouse
6. Andersons Restaurant – Situated in peaceful Boat of Garten, a lovely place to visit for lunch or dinner. Anderson’s has a relaxed and informal atmosphere with beautifully prepared local food and a great wine list. Make sure and leave space for dessert, their homemade ice cream is a treat!
7. Otter Pool Lodge – A secret romantic hideaway, set in a private elevated position on the banks of the River Spey with views of the river and the Cairngorm Mountains. This is quite simply a unique property. The lodge features a charming rustic exterior with a sumptuous boutique interior. Highlights include a sunken double en-suite Jacuzzi Bath set in a Bedroom Conservatory.
8. The Cross – A picturesque riverside restaurant in Kingussie. The Cross has received many awards over the years for their fine dining and currently has AA Three Red Rosettes. Diners can pick from the 3-course menu or the signature tasting menu with the option of wines, carefully chosen, to match each course. Be sure to book in advance.
9. Forest Cottage – Sat in the pine woods at Loch an Eilein this picture-perfect little red-roofed cottage has been beautifully restored as a cosy forest hideaway for two. The cottage boasts many modern luxuries including a super king sized bed, a whirlpool bath with flat screen TV, a lovely wood burning stove plus a wine fridge – perfect for chilling your bubbly! Outside you will be captivated by the beauty of the forest, enjoy the relaxing sounds of birdsong and lookout for inquisitive deer and red squirrels.
These are just a few of the amazing places you can stay and eat & drink in the Cairngorms National Park while on your romantic break. If you’re still looking for inspiration for your honeymoon then check out our Cosy Cottages or Luxury Lodges blog for more ideas!
If you are visiting in peak holidays it is best to book well in advance. You can also use our accommodation finder. Start planning your escape to the Cairngorms!
Did you enjoy this article? Why not share it then!