It is wedding season and here in the Cairngorms we have a pretty special backdrop to tie the knot! Think Castles, wild flowers, meadows, mountains and lochs. Then add some romance, some happy people and voila you have the perfect wedding venue. There are lots of wonderful venues in the National Park for your special day so these are just a few which cropped up online. Please get in touch with any more and we will add them.
1.No matter the weather the photos look amazing. Congratulations to these two who married recently at Glen Tanar Estate.
2. We are loving the flowers in the hair. Beautiful bridesmaids at Inshriach which is a popular local venue and also home to Shed of the Year and Inshriach Gin!
3. Well you can’t get more perfect a picture than that. A bride and a beautiful rainbow blessing. Ideal weather wouldn’t have allowed for that picture!
4. Blair Castle and Gardens really is the ultimate backdrop here in the Cairngorms. Hercules Garden is a stunning 9-acre walled garden recently restored to its original Georgian design. Named after the life-sized statue of Hercules which overlooks the garden, it incorporates landscaped ponds, a folly, a Chinese bridge and an impressive orchard of more than 100 fruit trees.
5. Muckrach Country House Hotel is a wonderful venue. Muckrach is a Victorian Shooting Lodge set in 10 acres, surrounded by pastureland, with 13 bedrooms individually designed and public rooms decorated in Victorian Grandeur with a contemporary twist. Your wedding setting will be every bit as magical as the journey you will begin as a married couple.
6. We love this picture and the drama of it. A historic castle in a beautiful unspoiled setting, Glentruim is the perfect place to say ‘I Do’.
7. Spud is our local but world-renowned piper having piped for Madonna’s wedding. He is a great character to be part of your wedding.
8. Wow what a picture of the happy couple overlooking the Glentruim Estate.
9. Mar Lodge is a wonderful venue for a wedding just near Braemar. The ballroom is something to behold decked out in 100s of antlers.
10. We were sitting on the beach in March and spotted these two having their wedding photos done so we jumped in and got one too! One of our favourite locations and a perfect day for Mr and Mrs Finlay.
If you liked this blog you might also like our Honeymoon blog!
Follow us on
Don’t forget to tag us #VisitCairngorms in your pics.
Did you enjoy this article? Why not share it then!