With Mother’s Day fast approaching we have some ideas of things to do to treat your mum. It is great to spoil her but it is also the perfect opportunity to spend quality time together in the beautiful playground that is the Cairngorms National Park.
Here is a small selection of some great things to do!
1.Go for a beautiful walk. There is nothing like the fresh Cairngorms air to refresh the soul. A walk to Loch Muick or round Loch an Eilein or An Lochan Uaine (the Green Loch) are just some of our favourites. Lots more ideas for walks of varying lengths on our blog here.
2. Visit the Highland Wildlife Park and congratulate the polar bears on their beautiful new cub the first to be born in the UK in 25 years. Victoria and her cub’s enclosure will remain closed to the public until late March to ensure privacy. Arktos, the father can still be viewed in the enclosure he shares with Walker, the park’s other male.
Look who’s just emerged at the Highland Wildlife Park! After spending two and a half months cosy in the cubbing den, the first polar bear cub to be born in the UK for 25 years has ventured outside with mum Victoria for the first time. Mother and cub are currently not visible to the public, however these first steps were caught on motion-sensitive cameras positioned near the den for an exclusive documentary coming to Channel 4 later this month. Find out more in our full polar bear cub update – the link is in our bio. 🔗 #HighlandWildlifePark
3. Go skiing or snowboarding at one of the three ski resorts here in the Cairngorms National Park. The Lecht is great for beginners, and Glenshee and Cairngorm Mountain are slightly bigger. Skiing is a brilliant family activity or let Mum have some escape time and give her the day to get her snow fix. If you can arrange sunshine then all the better…… On the other hand a free facial courtesy of the Scottish wind is the added bonus to not such a perfect bluebird day!
5. If your Mum enjoys whisky take her along to Dalwhinnie Distillery where to celebrate winning the Best Distillery Tour Award from Drinks International, Distillery Tours are FREE (down from £12) from November to March the 29th. 45 minute tour, 2 drams, taste of chocolate, free complimentary glass and book of discount vouchers.
6. Take Mum out for coffee and cake! There are lots of idyllic little cafes dotted around the Cairngorms serving amazing coffee and big slabs of cake. Following a good walk, this won’t break the bank but will make her very happy!
7. Have Mother’s Day lunch on board the Strathspey Steam Railway and enjoy a relaxing vintage train trip through the beautiful Cairngorms landscape.
8. For the adrenaline junkie Mum’s then why not get them a gift voucher? There are lots of brilliant activities to try in the Cairngorms throughout the year. Think quad biking, canoeing, white water rafting, high ropes, segways, clay pigeon shooting, ski touring, canyoning, sailing, mountain biking, road biking, golfing and horse riding to name just a few!
Go on, give your mum that extra special treat this mother's day – click here to view and buy a range of memorable gift vouchers ideas: https://iye.scot/gift-vouchers/ #giftvouchers #lochlomond #aviemore #rothiemurchus #inverness #highlands #scotland #mothersday #sunday11thmarch #motheringsunday #lovelochlomond #adventure #outdooractivities #giftvoucher
That’s just a snapshot of the fantastic activities on offer in the Cairngorms National Park for Mum with or without the family! Check out www.visitcairngorms.com to find out more.
Did you enjoy this article? Why not share it then!